We discuss what arrived in Game Update 2.4.2, the non-start of Ranked Season 1, and other bits of news from the SWTOR universe!
Thanks to David, Simon and Kristy for allowing Teo to join them on The Oceanic Gamer’s Flash Point podcast for episode 67, “Pink Murloc Daleks”.
Happy Halloween from OotiniCast!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, RSKeogh96!
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.4.2 was deployed during a longish maintenance (4.5 hours) on Tuesday morning. This included the removal of the PvP Rating (not Valor) requirement from most (but not quite all) items.
- The issue that decouples the procs on power relics (allowing two to be equipped, and proc independently, not locking each other out) remains, and is intended to be
fixed in Game Update 2.4.3 (probably on 12 Nov).
- There remains an issue in the last encounter in Dread Palace, which should also be fixed in Game Update 2.4.3.
- The bug with achievements in space missions remains.
- The world (not class) mission “Spoils to the Victor” on Hoth is currently unable to be completed.
- Those of you who were subscribed as of 20 October should be receiving your “Join the battle” rewards via in-game mail. They include a mini-pet (JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid) and the (rather awesome) JA-3 Subversive Speeder. Note that the speeder’s tooltip indicates that it’s intended to be adaptive, but for now requires Speeder Piloting 3 to use.
- For those Advanced Classes that are not being updated in Game Update 2.5 (Scoundrel/Operative, Commando/Merc, Sage/Sorc), BioWare is asking the community to brainstorm some ideas for what they need.
- Electronic Arts had its Q2 2014 earnings call on 29 October. While the focus was mainly on next-generation console titles (with the imminent release of the XBox One [22 Nov] and the PS4 [15 Nov]), SWTOR was mentioned as a major contributor to their live services revenue, alongside FIFA Online.
- The delayed livestream hosted by MMORPG.com on Twitch was held on 24 October, featuring Lance—also known as the “Jedi Consular”—solo-queuing for ranked arenas on the Bastion. BioWare’s Ben Irving (Release Manager), Alex Modny (Designer) and Eric Musco (Community Manager) were looking on. You can watch a replay here. Lance also has his own Twitch channel.
- BioWare is asking for your “scariest screenshots” via their Facebook page.
The Vy’aalators are looking for more raiders! They run on Monday evening (US time), starting at 5:30pm Pacific. If you’re interested, please post in this thread on our forums.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @Swtorfamily (be sure to follow him back to join the #swtorfamily!), @ForceChuckle, @ThePummeler, @HamSammich509, @K0h4ku (Amber Green, Live Services Specialist), @rbleamon, @GTeeg (host of the Unnamed SWTOR Podcast), @crabby654, @Darklighter159, @bytorsnowdog, @TheTurg, @Strongshocker (Chaz Lobo), @foehammer75, @fnord3125, @JKremss, @GregCarter78 and @O_JohnnyBravo_O, emails from Brian, Hash, Spero and Greg Carter, and comments from Emily, RSKeogh96, Morriah and The Malgadar.
Reamde: A Novel is referred to by Brian, and enthusiastically endorsed by Redna.
Thanks to Redna (@R3DN4) for joining us this week.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.