After covering what’s new in Game Update 2.4.1, we discuss the various revelations from the Community Cantina held in New York on the weekend. Some wild speculation may be included.
If you need to remove your security key from your account, you can utilise BioWare’s self-serve option by clicking on the link indicated below:
Thanks to Adam Schumpert, Teo’s Operative is ready to join the Green Lantern Corps, our future arena team!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Timmeh!
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.4.1 was deployed on Tuesday during a longer than usual maintenance. It included a fix for the various Relics of Reactive Warding bug, which effectively became an exploit that many players were making use of, though the other relic issue (stacking power relics) remains extant and is scheduled to be fixed in Game Update 2.4.2. Another issue with some mission objects not being clickable was resolved in patch 2.4.1a, deployed on Thursday morning.
- After Game Update 2.4.1, some players’ mobile security keys stopped working. The solution is to remove and re-add the security key.
- An issue was introduced with Game Update 2.4.1 that will prevent the ship guild bank legacy perk from being unlocked. There’s no effect if you already have it unlocked. It will become available again in the next update (hopefully 2.4.2).
- There is an issue with displaying a player’s rating, in the case where they are doing both solo and group ranked arenas. While BioWare hoped to get it fixed for Game Update 2.4.1, it’s been delayed until 2.4.2.
- While it should be obvious, all solo and group ratings will be reset once the pre-season ends and Season 1 begins.
- It is intended that the weapons being sold by the Czerka vendor on CZ-198 that have 69 mods still cost Elite commendations, rather than being changed to Basic commendations.
- The next Community Cantina will be at the EA (Electronic Arts) Redwood Shores office in San Francisco on Wednesday, 13th November. Attendees will get hands-on time with Galactic Starfighter!
The Vy’aalators are looking for more raiders! They run on Monday evening (US time), starting at 5:30pm Pacific. If you’re interested, please post in this thread on our forums.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @ForceChuckle, @JediAio, @RPGbeatsRL and his droid @ODS_1, @Trooper_Noma, @grimrok (Grim), @bytorsnowdog (Snowy), @ArrTeaBee, @fnord3125 (Brian Peters), @JRO_Mosqueito (Mosq), @ben_b55, @JediKal, @Casmas_, @Manciferous, @HamSammich509, @BedouinBrennan, @ChazLobo and @FerrousTerran, emails from Bill and AwesomeSellars, and comments from RSKeogh96 and The Malgadar.
Our guildmate Mosq managed to target the mysterious “gm” NPC during a Huttball match!
@JediKal’s suggested desert for those with a Jawa fetish:
@ChazLobo’s unearthing of the original disks for X-Wing (and its B-Wing expansion), which probably belongs in a museum:
The screenshots from AwesomeSellars epic PvP battle on Oricon:
6. Sarlacc Digest
A Community Cantina was held in New York on Saturday. In attendance was JD (a.k.a. Gaddock Teeg) of the Unnamed SWTOR Podcast. He provides both the audio from the Q&A and his own detailed coverage of the event in a special report edition of his show. The contents of the thumb drive provided to all attendees has been published by Dulfy.
Thanks to Redna (@R3DN4) for joining us this week.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.