There’s not much news in the lull before Game Update 2.4: The Dread War drops next week. This gave us an opportunity to celebrate our 100th episode, discussing the show’s origin, how we make it, and a whole lot more!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Kal!
3. Trivia question
This week’s question is a Who Am I question: I am involved in only one Star Wars film, yet I have had lasting influence on the series. Before movies, I filmed bombing runs in WWII and helped document the liberation of the concentration camps and the signing of the armistice. I have worked with Alfred Hitchcock and Stanley Kubrick, and even the Beatles. And if Chill had been really clever, he would have asked this question about me last episode. Who am I?
Please send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday. Winners will be put in a draw to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.3.3a was deployed on Thursday morning to fix the performance issues experienced by many players in CZ-198. It was originally planned for Wednesday, but wasn’t ready in time (or as Amber put it, “Testing revealed that CZ-198 wasn’t improved to full”).
- For Apple device owners, the upgrade to iOS 7 didn’t work so well for the SWTOR mobile authenticator app. BioWare provided detailed instructions on how to work around the issue.
- On Thursday night (US time), the second in the series of promotions for warzone arenas was live-streamed on MMORPG.com’s Twitch channel, featuring the guild “We Are Farmers”. Eric Musco, Bruce Maclean and Rob Hinkle joined once more, and let us know that web-based leaderboards would be available at the start of season 1, which will occur a “little while” after Game Update 2.4.
- The PTS was shut down on Friday morning, concluding the testing of Game Update 2.4: The Dread War.
- If you’re interested in the Cassus Fett’s Armor (coming in the Pursuer’s Bounty Pack due on Thursday), the set can be completed in the Collections UI without the belt.This is a bug that will be fixed in Game Update 2.4, so only a few days to take advantage of this!
- An apparently minor (but much sort after) change in Game Update 2.4 will be that lore outfits can be dyed!
We recommend the SWTOR Escape Pod Cast (RSS, iTunes), hosted by Max and Sema of the AIE guild on Jedi Covenant. For those interested in joining Ootini Fight Club for some endgame PvP, please contact Chong by email (email@example.com).
6. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @Swtorfamily (be sure to follow him back to join the #swtorfamily!), @TheMalgadar, @YojeVawree, @ben_b55, @GTeeg (Gaddock Teeg of the Unnamed SWTOR Podcast), @GregCarter78, @ChazLobo, @K0h4ku (Amber Green, SWTOR’s Live Services Specialist), @bigfatpj (PJ), @_Baffle, @GnomeFTW, @lwbuck (Leonard Buckley), @masterbearjedi (Raz), @RPGbeatsRL (Simon of the Flashpoint podcast), @Casmas_ (Cas), @fnord3125, @ArrTeaBee, @DurtaDurta, @TrueBluecoltfan, @SimonRoffe, @EmpireDivider (Moff Chong) and @pvdblog (Green Armadillo), emails from Rub, Grim, Hansgruber (ho ho ho), Rindialo, Trev, Pallais and Brian, and comments from Madman, Michael and The Malgadar.
We’ll be discussing Green Armadillo’s blog post, “Content Sales, or Lack Thereof in SWTOR”, next week.
Here’s PJ giving his speech to a Dreadlord’s minions in Scum and Villainy:
Simon also points at Sony’s Digital Recording Binoculars, which appear to be macrobinoculars!
@ArrTeaBee provides this awesome image of his new Bounty Hunter with his trophy kill:
@TrueBluecoltfan refers us to the Paradise Desk project on Kickstarter. Could be worth supporting!
The Jedi-themed bedroom via @SimonRoffe:
7. Sarlacc Digest
We celebrate our 100th episode! The discussion includes Chill recounting how OotiniCast came to be, and Teo describing the production process. Plenty of reminiscing, as we contemplate the journey that we embarked on two years ago.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.