We discuss the latest news, including Alex Modny’s blog post about warzone arenas in Game Update 2.4. In our discussion, Ham presents his guide for making the most credits from your monthly stipend of Cartel Coins.
2. Trivia question
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Christopher P!
- On Thursday, Game Update 2.3.0a was deployed to fix an issue where credit towards the CZ-198 weekly was not being given for the two new CZ-198 Flashpoints.
- Game Update 2.3.0b, a client-side only patch that required no server downtime, was deployed on Friday.
- A marathon 12-hour maintenance was scheduled for Tuesday as part of merging the APAC servers with those on the US west coast, though the servers were back up after only 5 hours! According to Amber Green, the “merges were super smooth”, due to “folks who took great care and everything went really well. Better than planned, you might say.”
- Bounty Contract Week started sometime early Wednesday morning (US time). Please see Hru’s guide for all you could possibly want to know about the event!
- You can now connect your SWTOR account to Facebook using the new Facebook Connect service. This appears to allow you to (a) send referral invitations to your Facebook friends and (b) spam your friends with notifications of your various achievements while playing the game:
- start to play
- create a character
- level up (though it’s only every 5 levels)
- create a guild
- join a guild
- guild rank promotion
- Ben Cloward, a Senior Technical Artist working on SWTOR, authored a blog post with some details about the palette upgrade introduced in Game Update 2.3.
- The class representative initiative has borne its first fruit, with answers being provided for the three questions posed on behalf of Snipers and Sentinels.
- Alex Modny’s much anticipated blog post describing how warzone arenas would work in Game Update 2.4 has finally been published. He then answered many, many player questions in the associated forum thread.
Kuze intends to have his Nar Shaddaa datacron guide available this week! You can find his existing guides in Kuze’s Korner. He also provided the following screenshots for us to ponder:
For those interested in joining Ootini Fight Club for some endgame PvP, please contact Chong by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @Swtorfamily (be sure to follow him back to join the #swtorfamily!), @K0h4ku (Amber Green), @DsanOB, @Casmas_, @Jacerish, @ForceChuckle, @ThePummeler, @ben_b55, @FerrousTerran, @JediKrackr, @terencemyers, @GregCarter78, @AckaanTalgala (Akaan Darasuum), @traviscread, @nicknightmoves, @BillLentz, @weihanthekidsun and @Jayconnell, emails from AmonRe, Green Armadillo (of the Player Versus Developer blog) and Eric, and comments from Tim and Dan.
Madmar’s proof that day/night cycles could work in SWTOR:
Ham provided the following links to help Eric with his Seeker Droid woes:
- Amber Green commenting on the Seeker Droid changes
- Dulfy’s SWTOR Dreadseed and Star Forager armor locations guide
@ThePummeler provided the following proof of the tank with 50K health:
AmonRe provided the video of their all-trooper run on Karagga’s Palace.
6. Sarlacc Digest
Ham’s guide to making a million out of 600 CCs
After spending loads of real life money (and I mean loads!), I decided to take a more tactical approach to how I spend my monthly stipend. Before we begin it’s worth noting that when you’re buying and selling on the GTN, time is of the essence. This is why I will be writing in to the podcast once bi-weekly to let all our listeners and guildmates know what the hot item is to sell with your monthly stipend.
The chart below is based on a 600 CC value: everything you see on it will cost 600 CC or less. Items on sale will not be listed, as they will be changing without notice. If you see something is not mentioned, it is because it was either more than 600 CC, or I could not find an accurate price for the item.
- + Profit Made
- * Massive Money Maker
- – Negative/Equal Value Unless Time Permits
- ? Not Found
|Value||Title||Cartel Market Cost||GTN Cost|
|–||Supreme Mogul’s Pack||320CC||195-210K|
|–||Archon’s Contraband Pack||320CC||190-210K|
|–||Vice Commandant’s Pack||320CC||190-210K|
|–||Enforcer’s Contraband Pack||320CC||289-300K|
|+||Regulator’s Contraband Pack||160CC||212-230K|
|+||Appearance Options: Human Hairstyle’s 1||240CC||350-380K|
|+||Appearance Options: Human Hair Colors 1||180CC||270-300K|
|*||Appearance Options: White Eyes||100CC||150-175K|
|–||Treek Customization Bundle||300CC||245-270K|
|*||Appearance Options: Mirialan tattoos 1||90CC||220-240K|
|+||Appearance Options: Chiss Customization 1||240CC||450K|
|–||Dye Module Kit||200CC||175-200K|
|?||Ivory Horranth Pet||240CC||?|
|–||Rancor Holo Replica||120CC||80K|
|–||Unlock Inventory Module||175CC||50K|
|–||Access Authorization: Section X||375CC||300K|
|–||Authorization Crew Member Appearance||325CC||79K|
|–||Additional Character Slot||600CC||107K|
|–||Authorization Event Equip Requisition||175CC||180K|
|?||Additional Quick bar||200CC||?|
|–||Unlock: Guild Bank Access||600CC||333-350K|
|–||Unlock: Cargo Hold Access||475CC||210K|
|–||Unlock: Additional Cargo Bay||475CC||90K|
|–||Unlock: 10 GTN Sale Slots||100CC||54K|
|–||Unlock: Crew Skill Slot||420CC||63K|
|–||Improved Speeder 1||475CC||53K|
|–||Improved Speeder 2||225CC||138-150K|
|–||Improved Speeder 3||225CC||138-150K|
|–||Species Unlock: Cathar||600CC||450K|
|–||Species Unlock: Chiss||600CC||250K|
|?||Species Unlock: Miraluka||600CC||?|
|–||Species Unlock: Mirialan||600CC||145K|
|–||Species Unlock: Rattataki||600CC||120K|
|?||Species Unlock: Sith Pureblood||600CC||?|
|–||Species Unlock: Twi’lek||600CC||250K|
|–||Species Unlock: Zabrak||600CC||85K|
|–||Unlock: Unify Colors||210CC||69K|
|–||Customization Control: Legacy Name and Titles||50CC||31-50K|
|–||Display Character Titles||90CC||33-50K|
|–||Hide Head Slot||280CC||69K|
|–||Credits Escrow: 600K||240CC||200K|
|–||Credits Escrow: 150K||80CC||110K|
|–||Credits Escrow: 50K||40CC||75K|
|–||5 Major Experience Boosts||360CC||70K per lot|
|–||1 Major Experience Boost||90CC||20K|
|–||1 Minor Experience Boost||60CC||45K|
|–||Major Valor Boost||40CC||33k|
|–||Weekly Pass: Wz’s||240CC||90K|
|–||Weekly Pass: Flashpoints||240CC||90K|
|–||Weekly Pass: Space Missions||240CC||90K|
|–||Weekly Pass: Operation’s||240CC||194K|
|?||Minor Valor Boost||30CC||?|
If you haven’t figured out by looking at this list, you should notice that for any new SWTOR player there is a lot of good info in here as to what you should spend your beginning CCs on, or just save your credits for. The important thing to remember is that these numbers are in a constant flux, and it is worth taking a minute to do a quick search on the GTN to be sure what you plan on selling through the GTN is actually profitable.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.