This week Chill and Teo are once again joined by Oni and Hyp, to discuss the news, the community Q&A, and to talk about what there is to do at level 50.
2. Question to the panel
Here we see Hyp’s Scoundrel in all his massive glory. He has acquired the disturbing habit of surreptiously stripping down prior to entering a cut-scene when grouped with Teo. It is hard to convey just how much of a shock this was the first time it happened.
Hyp asks us to compare the loading screen for Belsavis with that used in World of Warcraft’s Razorfen Downs instance. He claims a striking similarity, and in examining the images closely, he may have a point!
3. Trivia question
- This week’s challenge: In wars, areas can be strategic because they are important in terms of their location or in terms of their resources. For what strategic reason are the Republic and the Empire fighting over Ilum?
- If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for an in-game prize offered on Republic-side Space Slug, please send your answer to email@example.com
4. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.1.4 was deployed during Wednesday’s maintenance, and patch 1.1.5 has just appeared on the PTS.
- We discuss the community Q&A published on 17 Feb.
- More information about Game Update 1.2, coming in March:
- Apparent confirmation that we’ll be able to remove armoring mods from purple gear
- Differences in timing of abilities between classes will be evened out with modified animations
- Additional schematic drops for Artifice (and hopefully the other crafting professions!).
- Legacy name change is coming (eventually).
- In the case where both sides in the Void Star warzone are tied, the winnder is determined randomly for now, with a more sophisticated mechanism being implemented for Game Update 1.2.
5. Force Feedback
- We discuss tweets from @IzaacTheOrc, @bytorsnowdog (Snowy), @Vallant1985 (Val), @CG5wan (Nick Swanson), @toliman (Joli), @JohnBarlak, @Rrubb (Rub), @Rippthedeceiver, @PallySayce, @Paulk2225 (ShotgunBurger), @StiffishCracker and @thehatfield.
- @IzaacTheOrc pointed us to J!NX (purveyors of fine WoW shirts) have expanded their range to include SWTOR merchandise. Looks good!
- @IzaacTheOrc also referred us to a list of useful SWTOR tips, which we’ll go over next week, adding our own to the mix.
- Joli’s is managing a thread on the official forums that collates a long list of suggested GTN improvements. Why not add your own?
- You can try out the beta version of Ask Mr. Robot’s SWTOR gear tool here.
6. The Sarlacc Digest
- What do I do at level 50?
- Finish your class story if you haven’t already; this will provide two breadcrumb quests that will send you to Ilum and Belsavis.
- Each of those quests starts a chain that will unlock a number of daily quests.
- There are 5 solo daily quests on Ilum, each awarding 1 Daily Commendation and 10762 credits. Doing them all takes 25-30 minutes.
- There is also a heroic 2+ on Ilum, the reward for which is 3 Daily Commendations, and Enhancement 22 and ~16K credits.
- There are 8 solo daily quests on Belsavis, each awarding 1 Daily Commendation and 7175 credits. Doing them all takes 45-60 minutes.
- There is a heroic 2+ and two heroic 4s on Belsavis, which each award 3 Daily Commendations, a Mod 22 and ~16K credits.
- The two Mission Support Vendors on Ilum will sell you:
- Armoring 23, Barrell 23 and Hilt 23 mods for 8 Daily Commendations each
- Rakata earpieces and implants for 120 Daily Commendations each
- The level 50 gear comes in three tiers:
- Tionese/Xenotech/Energized (rating 126)
- Columi/Exotech (rating 136)
- Rakata (rating 140)
- Each class has a Tioese, Columi and Rakata vendor in the Supplies quadran of the fleet.
- There is a daily quest to complete one hard mode Flashpoint.
- The weekly quests include:
- Complete all four level 50 Flashpoints on normal (Directive 7, The Battle of Ilum, The False Emperor, Kaon Under Siege)
- Complete any three hard mode Flashpoints
- The following hard mode Flashpoints are available:
- The Esseles
- Taral V
- Maelstrom Prison
- Directive 7
- The Battle of Ilum
- The False Emperor
- Kaon Under Siege
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.