In SWTOR news, we go through the detail of what’s in Game Update 5.5, which lays the foundation for United Forces. We also discuss the closure of Visceral Games and axing of Amy Hennig’s Star Wars action-adventure game.
Chill provided the following screenshot to show his near-first-person perspective, along with a most unusual mission item:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Chikana (and Hegh-qih) of The Shadowlands! Thanks to Rob for entering.
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The planned maintenance days have been posted for October, November and December.
- At least for now, the “sparkly eyes” character option may be a little too Anime-like sparkly.
- Game Update 5.5 “United Forces Foundation” was deployed on Tuesday 10 October.
- The new Legacy CXP perk needed some additional explanation.
- The server selection screen now shows only five servers at a time; the rest can be accessed via your mouse’s scrollwheel. The scrollwheel can also be used to move between pages in the Cartel Market and Collections, though be aware this may be a bit awkward.
- According to Patrick Söderlund (Executive Vice President leading EA’s development teams), EA is closing down Visceral Games and effectively cancelling the Star Wars game being led by Amy Hennig. Polygon and Kotaku have some further details.
- The upcoming Star Wars movie that tells Han Solo’s origin story will be called “Solo: A Star Wars Story”.
- Here are 20 Legends and new canon secrets about Luke Skywalker.
4. Force Feedback
Dekion asks whether this fix in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update may solve the problem newer graphics card have had with SWTOR.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!