Lots of news to talk about this week, including the trials and tribulations of SWTOR’s launcher, yet more changes to Unassembled Component drop rates, Keith following up on his road map, EA’s latest quarterly results, and much more!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Dekion!
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- There remains an issue with the SWTOR launcher for those running Windows XP or Vista. If you’re encountering the “Certification Authentication Failed” error, try this short-term solution.
- In Game Update 5.4, coming 22 August, the number of Unassembled Components rewarded from daily (nerfed) and weekly (buffed) PvP missions will change.
- You will need to run the Crisis on Umbara Flashpoint coming in Game Update 5.4 a number of times to get the currency needed to purchase the key to the new Umbara Stronghold. Note that you will also have to pay a “reduced” amount of credits or Cartel Coins.
- Keith again talks about this year’s strategy: MMO bits!
- While some would like Bolster elevated to 250 (higher than the current maximum item rating of 248), the final decision is to move it to 242 in Game Update 5.5.
- The Ranked PvP Season 8 rewards blog has been published.
- Keith explains why a given suggestion may be a lot harder to implement than it seems.
- There’s a lot that would have to be considered if server mergers were done, including keeping guilds intact and ensuring character names are preserved.
- There are now details on more of the class changes coming in Game Update 5.4:
- We discuss the Electronic Arts Q1 2018 earnings call and the associated 10-Q quarterly report.
4. Force Feedback
Dekion highly recommends Swtorista’s 42 Dyes You Can Craft in SWTOR with Artifice video.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!