Plenty of news, including what’s coming in Game Update 5.4, Disney’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and Anthem’s Corn Maze. In our discussion, our guests Synwulf and Crelfax explore Umbara’s place in current and former canon, speculating on how it will fit into SWTOR and possibly inform us about the story’s future direction.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Javadoggy! Thanks to Bullwinklexx, Teadra, LaChimba and Dekion for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 5.4 will arrive on Tuesday 22 August, and the Nar Shaddaa Nightlive event and Ranked PvP Season 8 will end.
- In case you were curious, the drop rate from Command Crates has not changed since Tier 4 was introduced; also, item rating 248 (Legendary) drops are “pretty uncommon” from Command Crates.
- Custom animations would be fun, but it’s pretty far down on the priority list.
- The current version of Windows 10 (Version 1703, OS Build 15063.483) is needed to get the patch that was causing SWTOR to crash. You can check your Windows 10 version by typing “about” into Cortana search, which will take you to the “About your PC” option.
- Keith gave a big picture view on this year’s content strategy (primary focus on multi-player and repeatable content). He also mentioned that he’ll looking into upgrading the client to DirectX 11 or 12 (or 10, given it’s still on 9).
- Plenty of great stuff planned for Game Update 5.4! In case you were curious, the creature the new mount is based on is an Ember Makrin, native to Makeb:
- Charles Boyd (Creative Director) is in Los Angeles recording new dialogue for SWTOR.
- The new Star Wars-themed area at Disneyland and at Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World will be called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. You can fly through what they’re planning.
- Casey Hudson is returning as General Manager of BioWare, replacing the outgoing Aaron Flynn.
- BioWare’s new game Anthem has an interesting marketing campaign: the Anthem Corn Maze.
4. Force Feedback
Johnny (@BornToEatBacon) believes the “legendary” blaster pistols (including Mischief and Anarchy) which now include holsters bear a striking resemblance to the Luger semi-automatic pistols.
LiebeAroha’s poor warrior found a snowy grave while travelling on Hoth.
She also found a few interesting bugs, including some odd companion contortions:
5. Sarlacc Digest
With the planet Umbara being the setting for the new Flashpoint coming in Game Update 5.4, our guests Synwulf and Crelfax explore its place in current canon and Legends.
“The Fourth Great Schism, which occurred a millennium ago, brought on a thousand years of fighting, the ascendance of Darth Ruin and the Sith, and the plague that provided the drumbeat for what was truly the Republic’s Dark Age. It was a military campaign that nearly brought an end to civilization.”
Master Restelly Quist, Chief Librarian of the Jedi Archives
The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!