We discuss Game Update 5.3: Sisters of Garnage, the new Manaan Retreat Galactic Stronghold, and much, much more.
Teo highly recommends the series Person of Interest.
Chill’s other podcast is CryptoBiography.
2. Tip of the week
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 5.3: Sisters of Carnage was deployed on Tuesday, followed by some critical problems being patched in Game Update 5.3a on Thursday.
- It includes the new Manaan Retreat stronghold, with prices for players listed (totalling 7000 CC or 7765000 credits), along with the guild unlock price of 15 million credits.
- If you see someone else’s naked companions having a pool party in your Manaan Retreat, it’s a known bug.
- Legacy weapons can no longer be used to move Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings obtained from the Cartel Market between your alts.
- If you have your own ideas for BioWare, post them on this player-initiated “wall of crazy”.
- The next Community Cantina will be at New York Comic Con (NYCC), which runs 5-8 October.
- BioWare is hoping you’ll provide some feedback on where to go with bolster.
- The developers are also hoping you’ll have some ideas about how to improve Galactic Starfighter (GSF).
- Here are the remaining class changes in Game Update 5.3:
- BioWare discusses the feedback on the Game Update 5.3 class changes, announces some tweaks, and hopes the conversation will be better for the class changes proposed in Game Update 5.4 in August.
- The Conquest schedule is now being published in the forums, at least for now.
- Charles Boyd posted a spoiler-thick summary of Tenebrae’s life and times, especially as it relates to Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne. Keith (Lead Producer) added his enthusiastic endorsement, and was quick to defend Charles from the usual vitriol. He later regretted that, but ensured it was a positive learning experience for the team in dealing with criticism. He referenced Raph Koster’s article on On getting criticism.
- Pablo Hidalgo (@pablohidalgo) of the Star Wars story group often answers questions about Star Wars lore on Twitter. He apparently also has a strong opinion on how Star Wars canon doesn’t address minutiae and even higher level details that can be changed by the medium (e.g., movie versus novel versus comic).
4. Force Feedback
Dekion’s poll reveals more than half of respondents would be decorating their Manaan Retreat after Game Update 5.3 dropped.
Johnny (Born to eat bacon) passed on this terrible Star Wars humour from @DepressedDarth:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!