Teo and Chill are joined by Hyp and Cypher, his co-host from The Addicted, to discuss a bumper week of SWTOR news, including various patches, the upcoming patch 1.1.2, the announcement of the guild summit, and the EA earnings call.
2. Question to the panel
3. Trivia question
- This week’s challenge: What in SWTOR was “Forged from solid gold and sculpted by no less than eighty-three artisans?”
- If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for an in-game prize offered on Republic-side Space Slug, please send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.1.0c was deployed with little notice on Friday to fix an issue with player disconnections on the character selection screen.
- Patch 1.1.1, which had been on the PTS for a couple of weeks, was deployed during Tuesday’s regular maintenance.
- Stephen Reid explains why the forums go read-only during maintenance.
- Patch 1.1.1a was deployed on Thursday morning to fix a “hitching/freezing” issue that some players were experiencing since patch 1.1.1 went live.
- The issue where winning a warzone may not count towards the victories required for the PvP daily or weekly quests was not actually fixed as had been initially reported, but a fix has subsequently been identified though still needs to be tested before going live.
- Patch 1.1.2 is now on the PTS.
- Georg Zoeller explains why further nerfs have been made to Biochem in patch 1.1.2, and elaborates on their strategy for making all the crew skills viable and attractive for those doing endgame content.
- The TOR-Talk podcast interviews Stephen Reid about how things are going and what’s coming up in the future.
- The DualShockers gaming site has published an interview with Cory Butler asking a wide range of questions, including whether Georg Lucas has tried SWTOR.
- BioWare announced a guild summit, to be held in Austin on 4-6 March 2012.
- Electronic Arts had their quarterly earnings call, which was covered by DarthHater. Key points include over 2 million in SWTOR sales, and currently 1.7 million active subscribers.
5. Force Feedback
- We discuss tweets from @grimrok, @zachpsx, @CG5wan, @sterlinglee38, @Continuumm_PoH, @Paulk2225, @Vallant1985 and @Ahigabg.
- ShotgunBurger (@Paulk2225) let us know about TORHead’s data-mined leaked information, which supposedly reveals details about upcoming patches 1.2 through 1.5. These are spoilers, and could very well be inaccurate!
- @Zigarot provides a link to a 1-50 leveling map/flowchart, showing level-appropriate planets and Flashpoints for both the Republic and Empire sides.
6. The Sarlacc Digest
- Chill goes over his analysis of whether post-nerf slicing is actually profitable, using the data he accumulated when power-leveling it after dropping Armstech.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.