Chill and Teo are joined by returning guest Hypknotoad, and newcomer Neth. The main topic of discussion is our experiences in Early Game Access, which kicked off this week.
2. Question to the panel
3. Trivia question
- Last week’s Star Wars terms: coffee is “caf”, tobacco is “tabac”, handcuffs are “binders”, flashlights (or torches) are “glowsticks”
- This week’s challenge: The tauntauns and the AT-AT walkers from Empire were among the world’s first and last full examples of what special effects technique?
4. Force Feedback
- Tweets from @Rrubb, @Aprillian, @bytorsnowdog, @Wolveshead, @Wingthequick, @toliman, @StiffishCracker, @Rippthedeceiver, @wingthequick, @ozfin, @Draezoth
- We highly recommend Jason Taylor’s twitter feed (@JT_HoloNet) to keep up with SWTOR news, as well as his articles and the other great content over at Corellian Run Radio
- Snowy emailed to ask whether it was possible to have hybrid specs, as used to be possible in pre-Cataclysm WoW
5. The Holofeed
- The official forums return, looking remarkably similar, aside from having all existing posts expunged
- A physical authenticator is now available for purchase, along with a free iOS mobile authenticator
- The BioWare doctors grace us with 48 hours during which we can keep playing after launch before we need to have entered our product registration code
- Standard editions (physical or digital) can now be upgraded to the digital deluxe version, allowing you to join your friends in the exclusive VIP lounge on the Imperial/Republic Fleets
- You can do check whether you’re likely to be stuck in a queue when you log in after work via the new server status page
- You can find our guild, Robes on Head, on the Space Slug server (Republic side). Use “/cjoin robes” to join the robes chat channel and ask for an invite, or send a tell to Teo if he’s online.
- The unofficial oceanic servers: The Swiftsure (PvP), Harbinger (PvE), Jekk’Jekk Tarr (PvE)
6. The Sarlacc Digest
- We talk about our experiences in Early Game Access, and provide a few tips for those getting into the game
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.