The drought ahead of the flood of Knights of the Eternal Throne information coming on 7 October continues, though Eric Musco did answers some questions on the forums this week. We discuss his answers, and a few other topics about SWTOR and beyond.
This week’s first-time guest is Hawke, a veteran player who has been very active on social media in building SWTOR communities. You can find him on Twitter using @Hawke53051, as well as the following:
- Hawke’s Flight/Hawke’s Nest Guilds Enjin Site – swtorhnf.enjin.com
- Public Hawke’s Nest/Hawke’s Flight Page – www.facebook.com/
- SWTOR Hawke’s YouTube Channel
- SWTOR Player’s Club – facebook.com/groups/SWTORPC
- SWTOR Gamer’s Den – facebook.com/
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Jhagaar! Thanks to Kujok, F’ready and Helmut for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- It seems that if you did miss out on the HK-55 bonus chapter “Shroud of Memory” due to your subscription lapsing even briefly, Customer Support are unable to help.
- While BioWare cannot stop the data miners, they will not allow data mined material to be posted or discussed on the official forums.
- Closted PTS testing for Knights of the Eternal Throne has begun!
- Eric Musco addressed the perceived lack of communication from BioWare in the leadup to the deluge of KotET information coming on 7 October. He later mentioned that Eternal Throne continues the story started in Fallen Empire, and that the team were very much aware of the issue with too many Skytroopers in KotFE. He then said that while class balance is an ongoing thing, expansions were a great place for them to happen; and that in KotET, consequences of player choice would be felt closer to the choice than they were in KotFE.
- He can still contribute to the thread that Hawke started on the official forums, which asked where are the players interested in group content?
- We highly recommend ILM’s video Behind the Magic: The Visual Effects of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Amy Hennig of Visceral Games provided some insight into the nature of Star Wars stories and how it would inform the development of their upcoming Star Wars game.
5. The Academy
Continuing on the topic of PvP, Swtorista explains how arenas are different than regular 8v8 warzones.
6. Force Feedback
Blachloch (Blay) has created some infographics to asist players who can’t keep track of the vast army of companions who make up our Alliance. There’s a single massively wide infographic with them all, or you can see the same information in the following smaller versions:
Johnny’s Stronghold is being haunted by inactive companions!
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!