Hyp joins your hosts Chill and Teo to discuss the latest news, including the additional post-Game Update 1.3 information that has trickled out of last week’s E3. Our discussion is once again about server transfers, talking through how they’re progressing and speculating on how things will shake out.
2. Question to the panel
3. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.2.7 was deployed onto the live servers during Tuesday’s regular maintenance.
- The first update to Game Update 1.3 that is being tested on the PTS was deployed.
- We discuss a couple of remaining answers from the Community Q&A from 25 May, then go through the latest Q&A from 8 June.
- Last week at E3, BioWare developers gave interviews to a number of news outlets. While the information didn’t change much, the occasional extra tidbit did slip out.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay Video With Daniel Erickson For E3 2012 (G4TV)
- TORWars interview with James Ohlen (part 1 and part 2)
- SWTOR Allies Update: E3 Interview with Daniel Erickson (Curse)
- SWTOR New Features | Bioware at E3 2012 Video (Newsarama)
- E3 2012 Interview with Daniel Erickson (MMORPG)
4. The Sarlacc Digest
Character transfers are underway! You can see the current state of things in this chart. It’s obvious now that BioWare have chosen to consolidate players onto far fewer destination servers than we’d previously imagined. It seems to be averaging out to one or two servers per type (PvE, PvP, RP-PvE and RP-PvP) in each region: US West, US East, Europe (English), Europe (German) and Europe (French).
No news yet on Space Slug, though the way things are going for PvE servers in US West, it looks like we may end up on Drooga’s Pleasure Barge or The Harbinger. We’ve decided that if (when?) Space Slug is designated as an origin server, our guild will indeed be moving to wherever we’re being herded. When we find out for sure, our guild page will be updated with our plan.
Our discussion covers the state of things at the time of recording (Wednesday evening US time), how we feel about the process, and our plans for dealing with the apparently inevitable move.
Thanks to Hyp (@Hypknotoad) for joining us this week.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.