In the show this week we cover the latest news, including how the SWTOR development team incorporate player feedback. Then we discuss the combat team’s approach to class changes, along with more classes updated in the upcoming Game Update 5.3.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Teadra!
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Crafted 246 relics have the wrong on-click/proc stats; this will be fixed in Game Update 5.3.
- A number of items have been removed from the Cartel Market, at least for now.
- Contribute to this thread on the official forums if you have an opinion on server mergers.
- Eric explains the types of feedback that he monitors, along with how that feedback is utilised. Keith then added his own spin on how the feedback was used from his point of view, and answered some specific questions. Charles then gave an example of how feedback affected the direction of the game’s development. He also explains why changing the story isn’t so easy.
4. Force Feedback
5. Sarlacc Digest
The combat team has revealed some details about how they approach balancing classes, and explain why they don’t buff the other classes to match a currently overpowered class. We then summarise the changes in Game Update 5.3 to:
- Arsenal Mercenary/Gunnery Commando
- Pyrotech Powertech/Plasmatech Vanguard
- Corruption Sorcerer/Seer Sage
- Virulence Sniper/Dirty Fighting Gunslinger
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!