Only a few days until the SWTOR servers are reduced to only five megaservers as United Forces goes live! We discuss the surprise closure of the West Coast data center, the celebration of KOTOR’s release on XBox One, EA’s latest quarterly earnings call, and much more.
This is Chill’s latest alt, the formidable Chillprime:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Agent Ironspider!
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Character transfers are suspended until sometime after United Forces launches.
- During the maintenance on 24 October, the West Coast data center was closed, with all its servers relocated to the East Coast data center in Virginia. This raised a few questions, which Eric Musco has answered.
- Game Update 5.5a was deployed during maintenance on 31 October.
- An article has been published that goes into detail on the United Forces in-game rewards.
- Game Update 5.6 (coming on 28 November) will include a huge number of Utility changes.
- Details of what’s happening with character slots as a result of the server merges on 8 November has been published.
- To celebrate the release of KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) on XBox One, in addition to in-game rewards, articles were authored by James Ohlen (The Impact of KOTOR on SWTOR) and Drew Karphyshyn (The Evolution of Revan).
- BioWare has published pictures of the new 8v8 warzone map on Yavin 4, and the GSF map located near Iokath, both coming in Game Update 5.6 on 28 November.
- EA has had its Q2 2018 earnings conference call.
- A very long Kotaku article goes in depth on what was apparently really going on with Visceral Studios and the new Star Wars action-adventure.
- Steven Gilmour, long-time animator and most recently Project Lead Animator on Anthem, has left BioWare.
4. Force Feedback
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!