We discuss Game Update 5.4, including all the details about the new Flashpoint, Crisis on Umbara.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Rob! Thanks to Erahth, Optimus Stryfe and Teadra for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The login queues experienced by players will be addressed in Game Update 5.4, though it may take another couple of updates to fully resolve the problem.
- Due to a critical bug found in the new Flashpoint, the deployment of Game Update 5.4 was delayed from Tuesday to Thursday.
- Game Update 5.4 is named Crisis on Umbara, after the new Flashpoint of the same name. A Gameplay and Rewards article lists its four modes (Story, Story [Repeatable], Veteran and Master) and the rewards purchasable with Alliance Recon Data, the new currency that drops from the Flashpoint.
- Further class changes are made to:
- No changes have been made to Sawbones Scoundrels/Medicine Operatives; while their HPS is overperforming, they lack burst.
- There will be no further updates to Mass Effect: Andromeda “for single-player or in-game story content”.
- Star Wars: Rise to Power is a new mobile game currently in development, though invitations are open to an Android-only Closed Pre-Alpha Test.
4. Force Feedback
5. Sarlacc Digest
Teo reads BioWare’s Trading Scars – A Short Story on Umbara.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!