Plenty of news to cover this week, including Game Update 5.2.2, upcoming class changes, more detail on Keith’s Roadmap, and BioWare’s new game “Anthem”. Then our guest Synwulf talks us through fan theories for Snoke’s origin and the identity of Rey’s parents.
Chill has discovered a subtle element of the Sucker Punch animation:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Quercus! Thanks to Rob and Javadoggy for entering.
Here’s Rob’s tip about extending your camera max view distance:
SWTOR has the ability to alter the amount that you can zoom out in game – by default, it’s a fair amount, but it can be extended dramatically by adding a simple line to a file on your computer.
Make sure the game is NOT open, since the file may be in use or revert back once you close the game. Find the folder –
Obviously, YourProfileName is whatever your Windows profile name is, which is most likely your name or your pet name for your manhood. Whatever, I am not here to judge you on your Windows user name.
The AppData folder is hidden since it’s a system folder, so you can either manually type that folder address into your RUN command line or change your Windows Explorer settings to show hidden folders.
Then find the file named: LoginName_Account.ini and open it.
After opening the file look for the line that says: Controls_CameraMaxDistance = 25.0
Change that 25.0 to something else like 50.0 or if you have a large monitor, 75.0 or 100.0 (the .0 is important).
I use 100 and it allows for some great field of view, which is super important and useful in PvP – if you’re guarding a node, you can see incomings easily, and it also gives you the ability to get some great views of scenery.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- It seems there’s a lot less PvP happening on Iokath than the developers intended.
- The first class changes planned, affecting Hatred Assassins and Serenity Shadows in Game Update 5.3, have been announced. Other class changes are still being decided, including whether they’re in Game Update 5.3, 5.4 or later.
- It seems the game’s developers do actually play SWTOR.
- Game Update 5.2.2 was deployed on Tuesday. The new legacy perks for increasing mount speed to 120% and 130% do not appear to be working.
- There are no plans for PvE GSF this year.
- The rewards for Ranked PvP Season 8 have been listed, without any accompanying art or costs.
- The first community discussion topic is what gear drops in Master Mode operations. There are some ideas for what they want to do, but they are soliciting feedback and alternative suggestions.
- EA announced their SEED (Search for Extraordinary Experiences) division at a pre-E3 press conference.
- BioWare’s upcoming game based on a new IP is called Anthem.
4. Force Feedback
5. Sarlacc Digest
Synwulf walks us through fan theories about Snoke’s origin and the identity of Rey’s parents.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!