Along with catching up on recent news, we explore Keith’s long-awaited first quarterly roadmap. The summer of SWTOR is coming!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Synwulf! Thanks to TBD for entering.
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- While The Harbinger’s recent woes aren’t addressed in Keith’s roadmap, things are afoot to make things better.
- Tier 5 will not be a thing anytime soon.
- Keith explains about the recent back-end only maintenance periods, which led to publishing this month’s maintenance schedule. The most recent maintenance (Tuesday 25 May) took only 75 minutes!
- Credit spammers may whisper you from compromised level 1 accounts. Always report them in-game to help get them shut down.
- The issue which presented players with the ToS and EULA to accept every time they started the game has been resolved.
- Keith’s roadmap is here!
- SWTOR is part of EA’s Play To Give promotion, which runs from Friday 2 June through to Sunday 4 June. Logging in during that period grants an account-wide droid pet. If 1,000,000 players participate in group activities over that period,
4. Force Feedback
Ducky (now on Twitter as @AhnnuRie) provided the following update on the Ootini events happening this Saturday 3 June:
It’s a Republic side event, early planning stages for another one on Imperial side sometime down the road.
For the “Where on Tatooine is Carrman”, will inform through Ootini chat a general region of the Dune Sea that she will be in: Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western, or Central. She will be in the open and NOT hiding in anything. Unconfirmed reports indicate that she may or may not appear as a box at times.
The “Ootini 500” podrace should take about 15 minutes, and there will be opportunities to get knocked off your mount.
Prizes will be a choice from a group of 10 creature mounts (no duplicates) from packs that are at least one year out of date.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!