In the news this week we cover the PTS going down, and then coming up with the Eternal Championship, albeit temporarily! We also have a press release and trailer for Chapter 12: Visions of the Dark. The topic of our discussion is some ideas provided by Knite about how to make Operations more interesting and thus last longer for raiders.
He referred to the following screenshots:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Ezra! Thanks to Dekion for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The PTS with Game Update 4.3 has been shut down, but then came up again with the Eternal Championship available. However, it quickly became evident that the Eternal Championship wasn’t accessible due to a bug, and the PTS was taken down again to fix those issues.
- There was a three hour server-side only maintenance on Tuesday morning. The issue with Nico Okarr being unable to be sent on crew skill missions remained, though was subsequently fixed by Patch 4.3b on Thursday morning.
- BioWare has published a press release for Chapter 12: Visions of the Dark that is officially releasing on Thursday 7 April, with early access on Tuesday 5 April for those subscribed on 1 April. A trailer was also released for the new chapter.
- Paul Marino (Lead Narrative Designer) and the animation team are heading to The Capture Lab at the EAC (EA Canada) campus in Vancouver (located in Burnaby) to do some motion capture for SWTOR.
- Players are warned not to abuse the squelching system.
- There will be Community Cantinas in 2016, most likely starting with Star Wars Celebration in London (15-17 July).
- BioWare is hiring a Monetisation Specialist to “focus on analyzing, managing, growing and optimizing the in-game item catalog to maximise monetization potential for [SWTOR]”.
Thanks to our latest Ootini Patrons: Tom R and Kell!
Djredd continues the Ootini Events fun into March, this time on the Empire side! To find out more, see his post on our forums.
Our competition is ongoing to record your own take on our “Ootini Rage” (which we use at the end of every show) as an MP3, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use them on future shows, and the best will win 1050 Cartel Coins, with the runners-up getting 450 Cartel Coins each.
5. The Academy
This week Swtorista tells us about pet collecting. Gotta get ’em all!
5. Force Feedback
JP provides a couple more examples of Star Wars humour:
6. Sarlacc Digest
We discuss Knite’s ideas for making Operations more interesting and thus have more longevity for raiders.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!
Our theme song is “Doomsday” by Jean-Paul Zoghbi.