We cover what news there is, then in our discussion we go through what the community is doing in the lull before Chapter 10 arrives in February.
You can see what Blachloch did this week via the traditional Star Wars opening crawl.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Jaggedfel! Thanks to Fluffyvert, Sir Salisbury, Rondowar, SWTOR Economics, AgsMcBrrrr, Xorvic, Dekarch and Swtorista for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Eric Musco (Community Manager) gives a New Year’s welcome and lets us know that more news will come in the days and weeks ahead.
- The official “Starting at Level 60” video introduces new players to SWTOR’s game mechanics.
- In BioWare’s New Year’s greeting on the company’s official blog there is no mention of SWTOR.
- Larry Everett wrote up his talk with Bruce Maclean (Senior Producer), Charles Boyd (Lead Creative Designer) and Michael Backus (Lead Technical Designer) in his article “SWTOR Developers reflect on 2016”.
Thanks to our latest Ootini Patron: Justin P! Thanks also to David for his kind donation.
5. Force Feedback
James Ohlen remark about the cost of voice acting can be found here (Larry Everett, 29 March 2013).
Ezra reminded us of two great deals:
- Goto this Amazon page, click on [Amazon Bundle]. $US39.99 for 90 days of game time and 2400 Cartel Coins.
- Goto this Origin page. $US29.99 for 60 days of game time and 1050 Cartel Coins.
Chinn’ook recommends that those who like art should follow Griz and Norm on Instagram.
Kuze gives this example of what “real communication” looks like from a game’s community manager.
Ivilon provided this old, old Star Wars joke:
The BioWare statement about reducing the duration between operations was at the 2014 NYCC Community Cantina, during a post-Q&A discussion, as described in this write-up on the official forums.
6. Sarlacc Digest
We discuss what the community is doing in the lull before the release of Chapter 10 in early February.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!