In the news this week we talk Game Update 3.3.2, the Bounty Hunter and Trooper class changes coming in Game Update 4.0, and other more. Then in our discussion, the topic is how we’re feeling about Knight of the Fallen Empire, and what it will mean for the future of SWTOR.
Here is Chill’s Chiss Sage, who is walking the dark path:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Tyler! Thanks to Knite, Seth Eldar and Blay for entering.
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 4.0 and early access to Knights of the Fallen Empire arrive on 20 October. Free access to all subscribers happens a week later on 27 October.
- Game Update 3.3.2, the last update before 4.0, was deployed on Tuesday.
- Removing the UI (by using ctrl-U) may give a massive increase in FPS, but Cory Kolek (Lead Software Engineer) reminds us that the UI includes all the logic to calculate what’s being shown in the UI, not just rendering the UI itself.
- Game Update 4.0 will include the ability to export keybindings from a character into an XML file, which can then be imported into other characters or shared with friends.
- The names of Basic, Elite and Ultimate Commendations will be changing in Game Update 4.0 to Common, Glowing and Radiant Data Crystals respectively. There is no down-conversion of Commendations. All other Commendations will remain the same.
- For those eligible to receive Nico Okarr as a companion, he can either be recruited by playing through the Knights of the Fallen Empire story, or obtained immediately by using a token that will be mailed to players. He will become available on 20 October for those in Early Access, on 27 October for the rest.
- The author and former BioWare writer Drew Karpyshyn has rejoined the SWTOR team at BioWare Austin.
- The class changes for Bounty Hunters and Troopers coming in Knights of the Fallen Empire have been published.
- BioWare will reveal many of the remaining details of what’s coming in Knights of the Fallen Empire during a two hour livestream on Wednesday 30 September 2-4pm PDT (10pm-12am BST, 7-9am AEST).
- During the two days of TwitchCon, various streamers will be playing Chapter 1: The Hunt from Knights of the Fallen Empire on twitch.tv/swtor. The schedule for who is playing when has been published here.
The latest video from Snave, Snave’s On a Plane!, is well worth watching.
5. Force Feedback
Adam R sent us more information on just what’s up with Revan’s new bathroom line.
Freedious observes that Command Geland from the Jedi Consular class story bears an uncanny resemblance to Freddy Mercury:
It seems the Empire has taken an interest in Australian politics:
Aaree found an article about a new line of Stormtrooper-coloured Dodge Chargers, which Moogyver reckons are the safest in the world: they’ll never hit a thing.
Kal asks us to caption this:
6. Sarlacc Digest
We each describe how we’re feeling about Knights of the Fallen Empire and what it means for the future of SWTOR.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!