We discuss the impending arrival of Game Update 3.3 next week, and the blog post telling us just what is happening with Flashpoints and Operations this year in Knights of the Fallen Empire.
The scheduling tool mentioned by Andrew can be found at doodle.com.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Teadra! Thanks to GasGuy, Rebecah, Andrew and Ansarri for entering.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Tuesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn or M8-3R droid code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The PTS with Game Update 3.3 was closed, with Game Update 3.3 being deployed on Tuesday 21 July.
- Game Update 3.3 will include the Togruta playable species, the Yavin 4 Stronghold, class changes mainly affecting healers, and the PvP revamp which mainly means cheaper PvP gear and the removal of Ranked PvP Commendations from the game.
- Ranked PvP Season 5 will end with Game Update 3.3, with Season 6 starting immediately with the new token-based reward system. The blog with the rewards for Season 5 has been updated.
- BioWare is asking for feedback on the various set bonuses, with the intention that no set bonus will increase DPS, HPS or survivability by more than 5%. Each gear set has its own thread:
- [DPS] Sorcerer (Lightning, Madness) & Sage (Telekinetics, Balance)
- [Healer] Sorcerer (Corruption) & Sage (Seer)
- [DPS] Assassin (Deception, Hatred) & Shadow (Infiltration, Serenity)
- [Tank] Assassin (Darkness) & Shadow (Kinetic Combat)
- [DPS] Juggernaut (Vengeance, Rage) & Guardian (Vigilance, Focus)
- [Tank] Juggernaut (Immortal) & Guardian (Defense)
- [DPS] Mercenary (Arsenal, Innovative Ordnance) & Commando (Gunnery, Assault Specialist)
- [Healer] Mercenary (Bodyguard) & Commando (Medic)
- [DPS] Powertech (Pyrotech, Advanced Prototype) & Vanguard (Plasmatech, Tactics)
- [Tank] Powertech (Shield Tech) & Vanguard (Shield Specialist)
- [DPS] Sniper & Gunslinger
- [DPS] Operative (Concealment, Lethality) & Scoundrel (Scrapper, Ruffian)
- [Healer] Operative (Medicine) & Scoundrel (Sawbones)
- [DPS] Marauder & Sentinel
- The Q&A from the Community Cantina held in conjunction with San Diego Comic-Con was summarised by Dulfy. The links to the event-specific reward box are good for 50 clicks this time (versus 5 clicks from those at Star Wars Celebration).
- George Smith (Senior Designer) in charge of Operations and Flashpoints has elaborated on what is happening with Operations and Flashpoints in Knights of the Fallen Empire. The following table shows the new solo modes (level-sync’d to the level of the Flashpoint), the new tacticals (available for characters 10-65, bolstered to 65) and hard modes (available for characters 50-65, bolstered to 65):
5. Force Feedback
JasonW refers players on Begeren Colony to check out the player-arranged guild summits happening this weekend and next.
For Drasus and others wanting to acquire their very own HK-51, Dulfy’s guide is excellent.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!