In the news, we cover Game Update 3.0.1, the return of the Life Day event, and what we reckon is better than cross-server queues. Then we discuss Ilmarinen’s statistical analysis of the results from the first three seasons of arena-based Ranked PvP.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Jerrold (Sentinel and Vanguard of the Valhalla guild on Jedi Covenant)! Thanks to Holmes/Mf-doom, Frettz, Chong, Thraxis and Mariachi for entering.
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfawn code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 3.0.1 was deployed during regular maintenance on Tuesday morning. It includes some changes to help alleviate performance issues experienced by players, with further problems still being investigated. The Rishi achievements that were lost on logout have been fixed, but will have to be earned one more time.
- The Life Day event is back, running from 16 December to 6 January 2015. This guide on the official forums will tell you all you need to know about farming the Overheated Life Day Droids.
- The Gree event did not return as anticipated, due to problems with scaling the event up to level 60. It is being worked on, and so will return eventually.
- The 12 Days of SWTOR Cartel Market sale begins on Thursday 18 December, and concludes on Monday 29 December. It features the sale of embargoed Cartel Market packs, with a different pack available each day.
- See this post for details about the Third Anniversary Rewards. There is also a Facebook album with memorable moments from the game’s developers.
- While it was suggested prior to the release of Game Update 3.0, we will not get more Accuracy percentage per point from the Accuracy stat.
- The tank stance for all three tanking Advanced Classes is reducing their damage dealt by 20%, rather than the intended 10%.
- It seems that Game Update 3.0.2 will be deployed at the end of the Third Anniversary event on Tuesday 13 January 2015. It will include adding level 55 Hard Mode and Tactical Flashpoints ot the Group Finder for level 60 players, granting the achievement for defeating the Torch in the Blood Hunt Tactical Flashpoint, and the change of the Ranked PvP Season 3 title of “The Furious” to “Fairly Furious”.
- BioWare has given us some very revealing hints about how they intended to solve the queuing issues for both PvE and PvP. Teo’s assessment is that we are getting megaservers!
- While the final details have yet to be confirmed, Eric Musco (Community Manager) has announced as much as he currently knows about the Community Cantina that will be held at PAX South.
5. Force Feedback
Grigori (who plays Outbreak, a Jedi Guardian on The Tomb of Freedon Nadd server) provided this video about realm-versus-realm combat in Warhammer Online.
Kal strongly suggests we watch this Star Wars parody of the movie Frozen.
6. Sarlacc Digest
Ilmarinen, a statistician, has applied his skills to analyse the data retrieved by Yusi of the Red Eclipse server for the first three seasons of arena-based Ranked PvP. You can also see Yusi’s own presentation of the data here.
You can also find our own visual presentation of the data on our Leaderboards page.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!