From famine to feast! We talk about the Shadow of Revan announcement, and discuss in depth the new Disciplines system that will arrive in Game Update 3.0.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, TwinMgr! Thanks to Jay Connell and Darth Cathgirl for entering.
Here’s Jay’s action bar layout which maps directly to his new gaming mouse:
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- BioWare warned that some Conquest objectives this week would not be achieveable, as they are tied to Bounty Contract Week which doesn’t begin until next week (14-21 October). While those objectives didn’t actually turn up when week 8 began on Tuesday, it does imply that future Conquest objectives may be tied to in-progress in-game events.
- To get your class sign decoration rewards for completing Chapter 3 in each class story, follow the instructions in this post. Note that if you shift-right-click on the decoration icon in the rewards panel, you should get the full stack of 50, rather than having to individually right-click 50 times.
- Attempting to return to one’s previous location from a Stronghold or Flagship will return you to a default location (usually one that prevents quicktravel) if you’ve logged out since originally travelling from that location. BioWare is aware of this behaviour, and are investigating as to whether it should be changed.
- It seems that a way of soloing each of the Tactical Flashpoints that make up the Forged Alliances story arc may be introduced, to allow all players to experience the story without having to join a group.
- The Shadow of Revan expansion has been officially announced via press release and with an accompanying trailer. It can be pre-ordered now for $US19.99. If you pre-order before 2 November, you will get 7 days of early access starting 2 December, ahead of its launch for all players on 9 December.
- The mission series that will span the new planets Rishi and Yavin 4 will present a single story told from both factions’ viewpoints, but will include a single class-specific mission.
- A subscriber-only pre-order bonus is the 12x boost to XP for class missions and the main storyline mission series on Makeb, which should allow players to level from 1-55 doing only that content (no side missions or anything else). This boost lasts until 1 December, cannot be switched off and has no visual buff showing it’s in effect (though the increased XP in each mission’s reward window is shown). Abilities are free to train to compensate for the low credit intake resulting from such extremely fast leveling.
- In Game Update 3.0, there will be no new PvP warzones and no new GSF maps or ships. Though for GSF, Requisition gain will be substantially increased to allow new players to gear out their starfighters more quickly to better viably compete with the veterans).
- Game Update 3.0 will only be tested via a closed PTS with hand-selected and randomly-selected players invited to test under NDA.
Thanks to Grim and Scotthomas for their donations!
Community legend Snave (he’s kind of a big deal) will be interviewing Eric Musco on his Twitch channel on Wednesday 15 October (7pm BST, 1pm CDT, Thu 5am AEDT). I believe this can be considered essential viewing.
5. Force Feedback
Hru took this picture of one of the new GSI satellites on Makeb:
6. Sarlacc Digest
We discuss the Disciplines system, covered in this developer update and walked through by Eric Musco and David Demaree in a livestream (which was summarised by Dulfy here, and who also provided a breakdown of the new Discipline paths and utilities that were featured for Sorcerers).
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!