Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds is here! We cover its deployment, along with the Community Cantina held in Cologne, Germany. In our discussion, Bill is back with more wealth creation tips as players rush to decorate their Strongholds.
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Neekish! Thanks to Jace, @RevengeForsaken, ElionD, Nepthen and Dracko for entering.
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win an M8-R3 code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- The events of a “boring and forgettable day” make up some more backstory leading players into Chapter 2 of the Forged Alliances story arc.
- Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds Early Access was deployed during a 5 hour maintenance on Tuesday. The usual welcome blog was made by Jack Woods (Producer). This Reddit post provides a good overview of all that the update contains.
- Ranked PvP Season 2 ended with Game Update 2.8. You can see the final results via our Leaderboards page; the archived results from Season 1 are also now available.
- The Gamekeeper’s Stronghold Pack and the Builder’s Stronghold Pack, the first two packs in Shipment Five, are now available from the Cartel Market. There is an issue such that the decoration Republic Voss Embassy Sign, when consumed, grants the Justicar Propoganda: Every Blaster Counts banner. To remedy this, the Republic Voss Embassy Sign will be made available for 1 credit in a future update.
- The 25 NPC limit for each Stronghold is due to potential performance problems if the limit was higher; however, BioWare may subsequently raise the NPC limit if it proves not to be a problem.
- Both Dulfy and Exile’s tor-decorating.com and Swtorista’s swtorstrongholds.com have excellent coverage of Galactic Strongholds.
- There are a number of known issues that were outstanding when Game Update 2.9 went live.
- The Community Cantina held in Cologne, Germany in conjunction with Gamescom was attended by Russ, who guest-hosted on episode 209 of TOROCast. This Reddit post summarises the information arising from the Q&A and subsequent conversations afterwards.
- At Gamescom, Matthew Bromberg (Studio General Manager) talked about SWTOR as part of EA’s presentation. He mentioned that SWTOR currently has over 1 million active players. This was also covered in an infographic released by BioWare for Game Update 2.9.
BenB (@Ben_B55) will be at the Community Cantina being held in Seattle on Sunday 31 August. He will be live-tweeting from there, and hopes to livestream. You can find out more, and how to send him questions to ask the BioWare representatives, in this Reddit post.
You can answer the Ootini Templars call to arms on our forums. For Ootini!
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from @Kranitoko, @OlibGaming, Tiffany (@aurora1916), Julien (@julien_macy), @JoostHoedemaeck, Jeremy (@darksplat), @GregCarter78, Chong (@EmpireDivider), @Prottal, @Darklighter159, @Jacerish, Morriah and (@RosieBear77).
Kranitoko has published his latest Hypercrate opening video. Each time he does one of these videos he gives away three packs; watch the video for details.
See Zombie Chong here!
We recommend Olib’s Legacy Unlocks: Cartel Coins vs Credits guide.
6. Sarlacc Digest
Bill discusses how the market is faring now that Game Update 2.9 is here. You can find his daily posts with GSH-related prices in this forum thread.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Spreaker. We record the show live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific, goto ootinicast.com/live to find out how to join in!