Not much news this week, but we do have our first Galactic Starfighter roundtable featuring the Gunship, with debut guests Dunedai and Dan joining us to share their knowledge!
The following is a screenshot showing Red’s friend Jubbs achieving over 2000 Ship Requisition in a single GSF match:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winners, Bea’Triss of The Shadowlands and our guildmate Carnz! Both will receive Taunfaun codes and a Starfighter Pack provided by Dunedai.
The site that Carnz provided can be found here.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Taunfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.6a was deployed on Monday night, meaning there was no downtime on Tuesday.
- Bounty Contract Week is back again. It’ll run for the usual week, finishing next Tuesday (4am CST, 10am GMT, 9pm AEDT).
- In Galactic Starfighter, it seems that our active ability that breaks missile locks currently doesn’t work against missiles fired by bomber-deployed drones.
- The next Community Cantina will be held in Atlanta, Georgia on Friday 28 February.
- BioWare is after your “My Starfighter” screenshots to feature on their official Facebook and Instagram pages. The competition runs until 23 February.
- The Class Representative initiative is returning from its long hiatus, with Eric Musco contacting the previously-selected representatives and finding replacements if necessary. He also mentioned that more class changes are coming in Game Update 2.7 (including changes to Sorcs/Sages), that will be described in a series of posts on Thursday 13 February.
- With every major game update going forward, BioWare intends to wipe all characters on the PTS, so that the only characters present are those that have been freshly copied from live. This will start with Game Update 2.7, which is scheduled to appear on the PTS on 24 February (with its deployment to live currently intended to be on 8 April).
- If you are subscribed on 17 March (the last day of the double-XP weekend that commences on 14 March, and also by some strange coincidence is Saint Patrick’s Day), you’ll receive a Lucky-77 speeder as part of the Galactic Giving Promotion.
In SWTOR Mechanics Basics: Understanding Critical Chance (posted on Dulfy’s site), Oofalong of Prophecy of the Five starts a series on game mechanics.
PvP specialist Jacob has written an article about Gamer Etiquette.
The latest in Jean Prior’s SWTOR Loading Screen column is the article A Latecomer’s Quest for HK-51 Part 1.
Finally, Kranitoko is back with another video where he opens the latest Hypercrate, this time containing Galactic Ace’s Starfighter Packs. It includes another awesome introduction!
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from @BedouinBrennan, @TheMalgadar, @BillLentz, @Bewwan, Les (@foehammer75), Hru, @Dekarch, @dkalagian, @ben_b55, @Adam_Schumpert, Terg (@TheTurg), Vicock, Justin, Matt McDonald, Mike, @Span79X, Madmar (@Swtorfamily), @PatKasprik and JB (@O_JohnnyBravo_O).
Hru recommends we find out a little more about Jori Daragon, given some of us are wearing her loincloth.
The following charts show the participating in Ranked PvP, as determined by a longitudinal analysis of the Leaderboard data:
Dunedai presents the screenshots to show that he too achieved over 2000 Ship Requisition in a single match. In fact, over 2100!
6. Sarlacc Digest
Dunedai and Dan take us through their recommended component loadout for the Gunship. They then talk offensive and defensive tactics.
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.