Game Update 2.5.2 is here, and Preferred players now join subscribers in Galactic Starfighter. We also have Game Update 2.6 on the PTS. Lots happening in that galaxy far, far away!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Russ (a.k.a. @Manciferous)!
Please send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.5.2 was deployed during maintenance on Tuesday. We apologise for incorrectly referring to Preferred gaining access on 21 January, as BioWare did initially announce 14 January, and that’s when it arrived.
- The Gunship role is now available to all subscribers and Preferred players. A trailer for the Gunship was released (also on YouTube). Premium versions of the Gunship (Strongarm and Demolisher) are not available for direct purchase on the Cartel Market, but instead are found in the newly-released Dogfighter’s packs.
- Game Update 2.5.2 also includes a fix for the “GCD/Ability misfire” bug.
- Two companions (Jaesa Willsaam and Lord Scourge), who aren’t currently universally available as Galactic Starfighter crew, will be unlockable as intended in Game Update 2.6.
- Jason Attard (Senior Game Designer) provided an explanation of how sensors work in Galactic Starfighter.
- The leaderboard data is flowing again! Outage was from Saturday 4 January through to Tuesday 14 January, during which time the leaderboards remained unchanged.
- The Old Republic Insider video for January was released (also on YouTube), highlighting what’s coming up in the near future.
- Game Update 2.6 did indeed appear on the PTS last week, with lots of details in the patch notes. It will include the Bomber role, which now has its own developer update by Jason Attard (Senior Game Designer).
- At the request of Community Team member Tait Watson, the Combat team has provided an in-depth explanation of how Bolster works. He subsequently posted responses to questions raised in the ensuing discussion.
- The actor who played Chewbacca in the original Star Wars trilogy, Peter Mayhew (@TheWookieeRoars), has tweeted a series of photos he apparently took during the filming of the movies. They’ve been aggregated here.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from @Sanitehh (via @swtorfamily), @joseph_foran, @JoeCaramagna, @TheTurg (Terg), @ben_b55, @GregCarter78, @ForceChuckle, @kingkao666 (Master Kao), @GTeeg (Gaddock Teeg, JD of the Unnamed SWTOR Podcast), @ThePummeler and @fnord3125.
@Swtorfamily (Madmar) recommends we watch at least the introduction to this video on YouTube, as the host hears of the impending return of the Rakghouls and heads to Tatooine to investigate…
Here is the cat (or is it a Wookiee?) originally tweeted by @GeekDad248:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.