As 2014 gets going we have some news to cover, including some detail about what’s coming in Game Update 2.6. Then in our discussion, guest host Bill reveals some of his credit-making secrets!
Redna demonstrates his prowess via two feats of strength!
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, Hash!
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Last week there was a DDoS (distributed denial of service) attack on Origin’s servers, which prevented at least some players from logging into SWTOR for several hours.
- Eric Musco (Community Manager) is back from holidays to flesh out what to expect in Game Update 2.6, due on February 4th. This includes the official launch of Galactic Starfighter, making it available to all players (along with access to Gunships for those who don’t have it yet, and Bombers for all). There is also another round of class changes. He subsequently elaborated on the specific changes for DPS Scoundrels/Operatives.
- Tait Watson has joined the Community Team, replacing Amber Green who has assumed the role of Live Producer.
- Courtney Wood, who (among other things) is in charge of SWTOR’s blog content (including the Companions 101 series), is intending to bring more lore and story to us in 2014.
- The next Community Cantina will be in Phoenix, Arizona on Friday, January 31st. February’s cantina will be in Atlanta, Georgia. Courtney went on to confirm that BioWare are intending to hold the cantinas at least once per month, and want to include cities that do not have major conventions.
Chill and Teo were among those starring in a performance celebrating the return of the SWTOR Reforged podcast!
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets, emails and comments from @TheMalgadar, @FerrousTerran, @foehammer75 (Les), Thross, Kuze, @Enyonix (Xusin legacy), @swtorfamily (Madmar), @EmpireDivider (Moff Chong), @thehatfield, Butch Wahala, @masterbearjedi (Raz), @TheTurg (Terg), @Lawilc01, @joseph_foran, Ian C and Nathaniel Starr.
Chong’s managed to screenshot a unicorn! Well, not really, but something just as rare: praise from a stranger for his performance in a warzone:
Chong also draws our attention to Slideshow Collectible’s Polar Vortex promotion, and wishes everyone to know that these items just happen to be on his wish list.
6. Sarlacc Digest
Our guildmate and fellow ops team member, Bill Lentz, discusses some strategies for making credits in SWTOR, focusing on tactics useful to someone just getting started in the game. Like Bill, you too can make over 100 million credits!
Special thanks to Gasguy, who has provided a wealth of topic ideas for future shows. This prompted us to create a specific forum for such suggestions; feel free to add your own!
Gasguy also allowed us to distribute a spreadsheet he’d created that tracks all Codex entries. It’s a great way of ensuring you’ve got them all!
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. You can subscribe to us on iTunes, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.