Topics this week include Game Update 2.3.3, the “Join the Battle” campaign, and the class representative programme going on hiatus until Game Update 2.5. We even delve a little into MMO history to discover the meaning of some well-known terms!
Courtesy of PJ, our Paradroid ops group about to do battle in nightmare mode Eternity Vault:
2. Tip of the week
Congratulations to this week’s winner, PJ! Thanks also to our other contributors: @FerrousTerran, Trev, Ryan (not Judy!), Snowy, Jason, Darth Khalidin and Longbow.
Please send your tips to email@example.com by next Wednesday for a chance to win a Tawnfaun code, courtesy of BioWare, and an OotiniCast-provided Cartel Market pack from the latest shipment.
- Game Update 2.3.3 was deployed during maintenance on Tuesday. Note that while BioWare do intend to give a few day notice of scheduled maintenance, they can only do so once they’re sure it won’t be delayed.
- The update included a change to one of the missions in the series to obtain HK-51, with the unintended side-effect of resetting the progress of people who were currently doing the series. BioWare recommends you to contact customer service if you were affected.
- It also seems that the starting space mission for both factions–Taspan Ambush (Imperial) and Syvris Evacuation (Republic)–can no longer be completed, but this was fixed in patch 2.3.3a. A few other things remain broken in space, however.
- The update also appeared to introduce a performance issue to the CZ-198 daily area, which was also fixed in patch 2.3.3a.
- This is a 10 day sale currently in progress, giving 50% off all Appearance Designer functions, between 11am CDT Friday 13 September and 11am CDT Monday 23 September.
- As part of the lead up to Game Update 2.4: The Dread War, A Record of the Dread Masters has been published.
- BioWare have launched their “Join the battle” campaign, to encourage players to subscribe to SWTOR. This includes the live action video (also on YouTube) that was teased during Matthew Bromberg’s presentation at GamesCom 2012 (15 August 2012). There was also a press release that confirmed that Game Update 2.4 is on track for 1 October.
- The “Illegal Test Kitchen” guild from The Bastion were the first to be featured onMMORPG.com’s streaming of warzone arenas on Twitch. BioWare staff Bruce Maclean, Eric Musco and Rob Hinkle were also present.
- Early last week, responses to the questions posed by the Scoundrel andJuggernaut class representatives were provided. As promised last time, BioWare are not going to make the mistake of publishing the answers on Friday! However, it seems that the class representative program is going on hiatus after the Assassin and Mercenary answers are provided next week. It will resume after Game Update 2.5, in which a number of class changes will be made.
5. Force Feedback
We discuss tweets from @Swtorfamily (be sure to follow him back to join the #swtorfamily!), @ForceChuckle, @JediKal, @GregCarter78, @Casmas_, @DsanOB, @BigBore, @bigfatpj and @bytorsnowdog (Snowy), emails from Carnz, Cypher (of Swtorista.com), Narq, Green Armadillo (of the Player vs Developer blog) and Longbow, and comments from Hash, Thoss, The Malgadar and Randall Wheeldon.
Kal’s (@JediKal) lopsided speeder screenshot on the Imperial Fleet:
This is the spreadsheet that Cas (@Casmas_) uses to track his voyage through the OotiniCast back catalogue:
Greg’s (@GregCarter78) purple ceiling in the CZ-198 Flashpoint, Czerka Core Meltdown:
PJ’s (@bigfatpj) new sword:
Information about our guilds on The Harbinger, Ootini Knights (Republic) and Ootini Rage (Empire), can be found here.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! You can subscribe to us on iTunes and Zune, and listen to us on Stitcher and Radio4Gamers.