Hyp joins Chill and Teo to discuss the latest news, including the sudden flurry of activity on the official forums. Our discussion this week is the first of our hard mode guides for the level 50 in a hurry, covering Taral V.
2. Question to the panel
3. Trivia question
Congratulations to the winner, Gary Foster!
4. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.3.5 was deployed during an extended (6 hour) maintenance on Tuesday.
- Unfortunately the patch introduced at least two issues, one preventing the third encounter in the Explosive Conflict op from being completed, the other affecting pre-made groups using the Group Finder, occasionally preventing anyone from receiving their 5 Black Hole Commendations.
- Every character on a destination server should have received their reward for transferring (or for being on the destination server to start with!). Make sure to check your mail on all your toons! Note that the box containing the rewards requires at least level 20 to open—pre-20 toons received the box, they just have to bank it until they hit level 20.
- SWTOR will be at GamesCom in Cologne, Germany. The convention runs from Thursday 16th August through to Sunday 19th. There will also be some SWTOR news during the EA Press Conference being held before the convention kicks off on Tuesday 14th August.
- Joveth Gonzalez, SWTOR’s community manager, provides an update on the (once again) revamped community team. He confirms that James Ohlen and Daniel Erickson, who’ve been very quiet of late, are indeed still working on SWTOR.
- Allison Berryman indicates that an effort is being made to improve the tone of the official forums, reducing the tolerance of negativity and uncivil behaviour.
- Hall Hood, Lead Writer for SWTOR, was interviewed on episode 43 of Bombad Radio (Facebook, iTunes), the official podcast for TGC (The Gungan Council), a Star Wars RP forum community. Well worth listening to!
- Analyst Michael Pachter of Wedbush Securities was characterised by GamesIndustry International as being “incorrigibly positive” about the future success of SWTOR now that it’s embraced the free-to-play model.
5. Force Feedback
- Hru emails us to ask about whether it’ll be possible to earn Cartel Coins in-game, in addition to purchasing them in bundles for real money and subscribers receiving them as a monthly stipend. He also speculates that the travel restrictions placed on free players may include requiring that speeder piloting be unlocked with Cartel Coins.
6. Force Feedback
In this first of our series that provides hints and tips for the player who wants to get their daily Group Finder hard mode done in a hurry, we discuss Taral V.
Assuming the format is deemed acceptable by our listeners, we’ll be covering Maelstrom Prison next week!
Thanks to Hyp (@Hypknotoad) for joining us this week.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.