Chill and Teo are joined by Hyp and Oni to discuss the news, focusing on the upcoming Game Update 1.2 and our time on the PTS. We also talk through our first SWTOR raiding experiences as a guild.
2. Question to the panel
3. Trivia question
- This week’s challenge: The Millennium Falcon has a history of association with gambling. After all, the current owner, Han Solo, won it in a game of sabacc from its previous owner, Lando Calrissian, that famous “card player, gambler, scoundrel.” And you might not be surprised to learn that Lando also had himself won the Falcon in an earlier game of sabacc. But not only that, the Millennium Falcon has on board a piece of gambling equipment. The question is: what gambling equipment, and where is it seen? (No, I’m not talking about the chess board.) Hint: you can definitely see it in “A New Hope,” and I’m not sure if you can see it anywhere else.
- If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for an in-game prize offered on Republic-side Space Slug, please send your answer to email@example.com
4. The Holofeed
- No new patch was deployed to the live servers this week. While there is a 5 hour maintenance this coming Tuesday, this will not be the deployment of Game Update 1.2.
- However, plenty of patches were made to Game Update 1.2 on the PTS! You can always find the latest PTS patch notes here.
- William Wallace, Senior Game Designer, goes into lots of detail about the new legacy system with his developer blog, Your Legacy Begins.
- We discuss the community Q&A published on 23 March.
- Stephen Reid gave a couple of hints (1, 2) about the dynamic events that will be appearing sometime after Game Update 1.2 goes live.
- SWTOR now has an official podcast, hosted by Brooks Guthrie and Eric Musco.
5. Force Feedback
- We discuss tweets from @bryterside (Bryter), @JDawson268 (Beardsley), @thehatfield (Hatfield), @bytorsnowdog (Snowy), @shotgun_burger (who else?) and @sterlinglee38 (Sterling).
- Ben Murray, who plays Monk (a Mercenary on The Harbinger server), emailed in about there being nothing useful to do with Warzone Commendations while leveling up solely through PvP; you quickly run out of things to buy, especially if you’re in orange moddable gear. He suggests that one possibility would be to make mods purchasable with those commendations, rather than having to spend credits to buy them from crafters.
6. The Sarlacc Digest
Our topic is our first experience raiding in SWTOR as a guild. We’ve raided twice since our last show; the first time was Saturday 24 March, where we cleared 4/5 in normal/story mode Eterity Vault, and had a few goes at Soa. We raided again on Wednesday 28 March, this time clearing EV, and then taking down the first boss in Karagga’s Palace.
The raid team consisted of a Vanguard tank, Jedi Sage and Command healers, three DPS Commandos and two DPS Scoundrels. Not the most diverse group!
Overall, it was great experience, comparable with anything we’ve seen in WoW. We’re looking forward to getting back in there next week, to continue gearing up to hopefully start tackling the hard modes before too much longer.
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.