Chill and Teo are once again joined by Hyp and Oni to discuss the avalanche of information unleashed at the Guild Summit about Game Update 1.2.
2. Question to the panel
- Hyp’s Scoundrel is at least wearing clothes now, but you’ll have to decide whether it’s an improvement…
3. Trivia question
- This week’s challenge: Some Star Wars math: How long does Obi-Wan consider a generation to be? To answer, you’ll have to know both your “New Hope” trivia, plus some information available on SWTOR.com. Answers within 5 years will be considered correct.
- If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for an in-game prize offered on Republic-side Space Slug, please send your answer to email@example.com
4. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.1.5 was deployed during Tuesday’s maintenance.
- The following colour crystals are being sold from the vendor added in patch 1.1.5, located in the GTN quadrant of the fleet, in the alcove next to the light side vendor:
- +41 expertise (green, blue, cyan, red): 125K
- +41 crit, power, endurance (cyan): 125K
- +41 crit, power, endurance, expertise (purple): 250K
- +31 crit, power, endurance, expertise (white): 1M
- +41 crit, power, endurance, expertise (white): 2.5M
- The Friends of Star Wars: The Old Republic promotion was launched on 6 March, which allows you to offer up to three friends a 7 day free trial of SWTOR.
- We discuss the community Q&A published on 2 March.
- Damion Schubert answered many questions during a Facebook Q&A.
- There are no plans for a 64 bit SWTOR client.
- Electronic Arts reveals that SWTOR retains 1.7M active subscriptions now; this matches the number reported in their earnings call a few weeks ago, when a large proportion of those being counted were in the first free month of game time. Now the free month has elapsed for most, but the number of subscriptions remains stable. Good news for SWTOR!
5. Force Feedback
- We discuss tweets from @OriginalBioZed (BioZed), @PaulKearnan (ShotgunBurger), @Vallant1985 (Val), @Tinockwow (Tinock), @MesecLegacy (Zosimah), @Wingthequick (Wingy) and @toliman (Joli).
- Due to all the Game Update 1.2 content, we’ll be going over the emails we received next week, in episode 18.
6. The Sarlacc Digest
- We discuss Game Update 1.2 “Legacy”, many details of which were revealed during the Guild Summit, held earlier this week. The features we cover include:
- New warzone: Novare Coast. Same-faction, like Huttball.
- New operation: Explosive Conflict.
- New Flashpoint: The Lost Island (sequel to Kaon under Siege, more Rakghouls!).
- Expanded legacy system:
- family tree
- legacy unlocks (class buffs, species)
- When character transfers become available in late April, the legacy level goes with the character being transferred, unless the player already has a legacy on the destination server which is higher (in which case the higher legacy level is retained.
- UI customization
- Improved character textures (probably means that high resolution textures are now available outside cut-scenes)
- Appearance customization (head, hands, belt, legs, feet, bracers have a “match colour to chest” option)
- Mission tracker usables (lets you click the item via your mission tracker, rather than having to find the item in your inventory’s “Mission Items” tab)
- Warzone rankings, which are individual rather than team based; as with non-ranked warzones, you can queue solo or as a party
- New items (tier 2, where the Tienese/Columni/Rakata make up tier 1)
- Learnable tier 2 crafting items
- New Corellia dailies
- New minipets
- Guild banks
- New speeders, cybertech vehicles no longer BoP
- The cost of speeder piloting will go down across all tiers (90%, 100%, 110%)
- The cost of all 110% speeders will go up
- Those speeders which had their price reduced in patch 1.1.5 will no longer be purchasable in Game Update 1.2
- Craftable augments (craftable by synthweaving, armstech, armormech; mats from slicing)
- Crit-craft orange gear (to give augment slots)
- Increased chance of researching schematics
- Reverse engineering random drops
- Retractable tier 2 mods
- Ship droids gain affection
- They’re adding a vocal restraining bolt for our ship droids, to keep ‘em quiet. Thank the Maker!
- New roleplay emotes
- Stackable companion gifts
- Companion gift cooldown (currently 30 seconds) removed
- More craftable colour crystals
- Sprint (140%) at level 1 rather than level 14
- Crafting mats from Ops may no longer be BoP, and become tradeable
- Phasing out reusable BioChem items over time
- They are indeed giving up on Ilum for now; a better open world PvP experience coming sometime down the track.
- Group finder in 1.3 (not 1.2) for Flashpoints and missions.
- As discussed in episode 16, a very detailed combat log, only parseable out-of-game will be available; this will only show what happens to your character, no others in your party or raid
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.