Returning guests Oni and Cypher join your hosts Teo and Chill to talk about the aftermath of patch 1.1.2, and to discuss how to make your companions love you to boost their productivity!
2. Question to the panel
3. Trivia question
- This week’s challenge: Standing near the western entrance to the cantina in Anchorhead on Tattooine, you look across the street and see a yellow datacron on the opposite roof. No stairs present themselves to get up there, and you decide to find out how to get it. The question is: where do you start?
- If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for an in-game prize offered on Republic-side Space Slug, please send your answer to email@example.com
4. The Holofeed
- Patch 1.1.2 was deployed during Tuesday’s maintenance, with two major issues subsequently emerging:
- Valor awards for player kills in the open world PvP area on Ilum were not working; this was patched on Thursday in patch 1.1.2a.
- There was an uproar and a great deal of disapproval about the latest enhancements to the display of cooldowns on the ability bar. They will be providing, in patch 1.1.4, the ability to tailor how this is displayed via configuration options.
- Patch 1.1.3 is on the PTS, and is planned to be deployed during the next maintenance on Tuesday.
- Reverse engineering appears to be not working as intended, with the chance of discovering a blue or purple schematic appearing to be lower than they wanted. Until this is fixed, it’s probably best not to try, and save your mats!
- BioWare have released the first in a series of “Begin Your Journey” videos, intended for newcomers to MMOs, to help them get started in SWTOR.
5. Force Feedback
- We discuss tweets from @John_K64 (Ryeesa), @wingthequick (Wingy), @toliman (Joli), @Jimothyk, @JohnBarlak, @bytorsnowdog, @Vallant1985, @SumDuud and @new5thpants (D.A. Leary)
- @OriginalBioZed let us know that if you want to join “The Australians” guild on the Empress Teta server, you can contact @OriginalBioZed, @Paulk2225 or @Zigarot for an invitation.
- @OriginalBioZed also provided us with the following links:
- Assembling Matrix Cubes (Relic Items) (RepublicTrooper.com)
- Complete Datacron Location List (SW:TOR Strategies)
- Useful info: mods, crew skills, equipment, stats
- PvP Gear Min/Maxing or: How I Learned to Love Champion Gear
- Kym emailed in to let us know about a tweak that allows you to greatly increase your view distance.
- Wingy emailed us to share his leveling adventures on the Empire side.
6. The Sarlacc Digest
- We discuss companion affection in detail. It’s a fairly light topic, though there a few tricks to it that are worth remembering. We found the following articles to be useful:
- Companion Affection: What It Does and How to Get It (ForceJunkies)
- Companion Gifts Guide: How to buy your love (OldRepublic.net)
- List of Companions in Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR Spy)
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.