Returning guests Oni and Hyp join Chill and Teo to discuss the aftermath of Game Update 1.1’s deployment, especially the initial issues with Ilum’s open world PvP. We also discuss the space game, covering the basics of ship upgrades and piloting.
2. Question to the panel
3. Trivia question
- This week’s challenge: You go to Tatooine’s Dune Sea. you head west to the Republic’s Outpost Thorazan. Heading southwest from there, you come across some Jawa bodies surrounding an animal skull. The skull is clickable and you click it. The question is: what happens next?
- If you are interested in being entered in the random drawing for an in-game prize offered on Republic-side Space Slug, please send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Holofeed
- Game Update 1.1 “Rise of the Rakghouls” went live this week.
- The changes to Ilum’s open world PvP didn’t initially work as intended, as summarised by Gabe Amatangelo and Jeff Hickson.
- BioWare releases their “Coming Up in STAR WARS: The Old Republic” video (also on YouTube).
- Those who initially subscribe will gain the “Founder” title.
5. Force Feedback
- We discuss tweets from @Paulk2225, @altwowEU (Leralond), @toliman (Joli), @Freakin_Ninja (Oni), @DarthGally, @JameyTyler, @CarlosAlejandre, @Rippthedeceiver, @Burritobread, @thehatfield, @bytorsnowdog (Snowy) and @sterlinglee38.
- Our guildmate Magneto recommends the site SWTOR Human Relations, which has plenty of guides and other useful information.
- The list of companions and their details provided by SWTOR Face is recommended by Rub.
- We go over emails from Dan Scholes, John Barlak and Snowy.
- Below is the picture of the Lego Super Star Destroyer that John took last week, in the window of a local toystore:
6. The Sarlacc Digest
- In the first of our two-part discussion about the space game, we go over the basics, including how to equip your ship and the essentials of piloting and targeting.
- Listed below are the types of ship upgrades that are available:
- ship armor (increases toughness)
- energy shield (how much shields absorb)
- shield regenerator (how fast shields regenerate)
- beam charger (how much damage per blaster bolt)
- beam generator (how many blaster bolts per second)
- missile magazine (how many missiles available)
- power conversion module (level 25, “Power to Blasters” [button 1], “Power to Shields” [button 2], 30 Fleet Commendations)
- electronic warfare pod (level 35, 90 Fleet Commendations, 10 seconds of invulnerability, “Jam” [button 3])
- EMP generator (level 45, 150 Fleet Commendations, damages nearby enemies and allies [button 4])
- Proton Torpedo Tube (level 50, 50 Fleet Commendations)
- Below are the specific upgrades that you can get for your ship given the level of your character:
- 14: Grade 1 Beam Generator, Grade 1 Ship Armor
- 15: Grade 1 Beam Charger
- 16: Grade 1 Energy Shield, Grade 1 Shield Regenerator
- 17: Grade 1 Missile Magazine
- 18: Grade 2 Ship Armor
- 19: Grade 2 Beam Generator
- 20: Grade 2 Beam Charger
- 21: Grade 2 Energy Shield, Grade 2 Shield Regenerator
- 22: Grade 2 Missile Magazine
- 23: Grade 3 Ship Armor
- 24: Grade 3 Beam Generator
- 25: Power Conversion Module
- 26: Grade 3 Beam Charger
- 28: Grade 3 Energy Shield
- 29: Grade 3 Shield Regenerator
- 31: Grade 3 Missile Magazine
- 32: Grade 4 Ship Armor
- 33: Grade 4 Beam Generator
- 34: Grade 4 Beam Charger
- 35: Electronic Warfare Pod
- 36: Grade 4 Energy Shield, Grade 4 Shield Regenerator
- 37: Grade 4 Missile Magazine
- 38: Grade 5 Ship Armor
- 39: Grade 5 Beam Generator
- 40: Grade 5 Beam Charger
- 41: Grade 5 Energy Shield, Grade 5 Shield Regenerator
- 42: Grade 5 Missile Magazine
- 43: Armek Ship Armor
- 44: Rendili Hyperworks Beam Generator
- 45: EMP generator
- 46: Sienar Systems Beam Charger
- 47: Quellegh Industrial Energy Shield, Hoersch-Kessel Shield Regenerator
- 49: Kuat Drive Yards Missile Magazine
- 50: Proton Torpedo Tube
You can email questions and comments about the show to email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.