This week Chill and Teo are joined by two newcomers to the podcast, Ripp and Gabe, to discuss the news and our experiences over the remainder of Early Game Access and the launch of the game.
2. Question to the panel
3. Trivia question
- This week’s challenge: What is the name of Jabba the Hutt’s monkey-lizard jester, who laughs a lot and gets zapped by R2?
4. The Holofeed
- The grace period ends. As well as a product registration/game code, a valid payment option and a subscription type must be specified; note that PayPal as well as a credit card can be used.
- The Taris bug is fixed!
- SWTOR is coming to Australia and New Zealand, with a tentative date of 1 March 2012. There will be local servers physically located in Australia. BioWare is considering some way to allow Australians currently playing on US servers to continue playing on the servers down under (player or even perhaps guild transfers?). Robes on Head will be staying on our west coast US server, Space Slug.
- James Ohlen (BioWare Game Director) is interviewed by IGN.
5. Force Feedback
- We discuss tweets from @lealaturkey, @sterlinglee38, @Buggerwow, @toliman and @BenC82.
- @Draezoth refers us to TORStatus.net, a site that gives an up-to-date indication of server populations.
- Wingy emails us to ask a couple of questions:
- 1. Why SWTOR was released so close to Christmas? It seems to him that it’s a little inconvenient for those visiting family and going away on holidays. Or perhaps that makes it the perfect time? He also wondered whether the timing making it close to Blizzard’s release of WoW’s patch 4.3 was a coincidence.
- 2. Server queues are terrible on the unofficial oceanic PvP server, The Swiftsure. Are there any other PvP servers specifically set aside for Aussies?
6. The Sarlacc Digest
- BioWare’s staggered launch of SWTOR: technically brilliant and yet socially awkward?
- Is SWTOR anti-social? It’s hard to quest while in vent, as the game really demands your attention, especially during cut-scenes.
- A few other tidbits:
- Speeder prices
- Level 1 (90%, level 25): training is 40,000C, speeders are 8000C
- Level 2 (100%, level 40): training is 210,000C, speeders are 25,000C
- Level 3 (110%, level 50): training cost is unknown, speeders are 55,000C
- The pending quests button!
- Faster to dismiss/resummon your companion if they need lots of healing
- Speeder prices
You can email questions and comments about the show to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter via @OotiniCast. Check out our website, ootinicast.com, which has links to our presence on Google+ and Facebook. We are a proud member of the TOR Syndicate! Subscribe to us on iTunes, and watch for us in your Bind on Equip feed.